Approved by the Executive Board on September 11, 2014
PIONEER VALLEY INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETIC CONFERENCE
BOYS’ LACROSSE SPORT ASSOCIATION SPRING BY-LAWS
1. To be drawn by conference appointed schedule-makers according to league alignment and play formulas.
B. PROCEDURE FOR SUB VARSITY
1. Will follow Varsity schedule.
2. If a school knows in advance that it will be unable to field a JV team for the season or for any given games(s), it must notify opponent in writing as soon as possible.
1. Home school responsibility to notify visiting school at earliest possible time.
2. Game is to be rescheduled on the next playable school day provided a site is suitablefor play.
D. STARTING TIME ADJUSTMENTS
1. Starting times for conference assigned contests is 3:30 unless mutually agreed upon.
2. Schools must notify opponents and officials if starting times cannot be met.
E. LOCATION OF PLAYING SITES
1. Refer to PVIAC Directory
2. Home school responsibility to notify opponents of any change.
F. LENGTH OF CONTEST
1. Varsity 12 minute quarters.
2. J.V. 12 minute quarters.
G. RULES OF THE GAME MODIFICATIONS
1. All teams play under National Federation Rules unless modified by MIAA Blue Book guidelines. Mercy Rule: (Federation) Start running time in 3rd period.
1. As specified by sport rules.
1. The home team shall wear white or light and the away team shall wear dark.
J. ORDER OF EVENTS